Scarsdale Drain Cleaning
Getting Rid of Pesky Clogs
At Drain Doctor, our name holds true to what we do – take care of all your drain needs and issues. Our customers can rest easy knowing that their drains were evaluated, treated, and serviced by our professionals.
But a lot of times we see situations that could have been prevented. Getting your drains cleaned regularly is a crucial part of the overall health of your drainage and sewer system. And the #1 mistake that we see many of our clients make is ignoring the small warning signs that an issue may be developing slowly but surely.
The Warning Signs of a Drain Clog
One of the reasons we see situations that could have been prevented is because people aren't aware of the warning signs that they're dealing with a clogged drain. However, learning the signs of a drain clog can mean the difference between a simple cleaning service and more costly repairs or replacements.
You may have a clogged drain if:
- Your kitchen and bathroom drains are slow: Does it seem to take forever for water to finally go down the drain in your kitchen and bathroom sinks? This could indicate that there's a clog in the line. You may even be dealing with tree root intrusion. Therefore, it's important to get in touch with us as soon as you notice your drains start to slow.
- You have standing water: Slow drains can become so slow that you begin to have standing water. For example, you can be in the shower and the water can be so slow to drain that your shower eventually turns into a bath. Give us a call to help clear your clog and stop your standing water issues.
- You smell foul odors: The scent of sewage can mean that you have waste buildup clogging your drains and emitting odors. This is especially the case in the summer time, as the heat will help the scent fester.
- You have a fruit fly infestation: As gross as it may be, fruit flies are attracted to the foul odors made by waste buildup in your drains. If you've noticed fruit flies circling the drains in your sinks, it's time to give our Scarsdale drain cleaning plumbers a call.
- You hear strange noises: If your drains are working properly, you should hear the sound of flowing water through them. However, if you have a clog, the wastewater won't be able to flow properly, and it will make bubbling or gurgling noises as it tried to find a new pathway to flow through or push through the clog.
We Offer Hydro-Jetting
We are proud to utilize this powerful and intense water cleansing technique. With the use of extreme water pressure through various jet heads, we are able to flush out blockages in pipes. The thorough wash also cleanses any buildup that is within the pipes, giving a full flush of the piping system, leaving it clean and fully functioning again.
Stubborn Clog? We'll Prescribe Micro-Cutting
There are extreme cases where even the power of the strongest water pressurized system isn’t enough to blast out the blockages and hold ups in your piping system. Roots from trees can grow into the pipes, which cannot be removed with water. Another tough blockage could be calcite, which grows within the pipes and is a very hard mineral that lines pipes, causing restricted waterflow.
At Drain Doctor, we don’t give up even when these tough situations are present. Thanks to Nu Flow Technologies, we are able to offer micro-cutting. This cutter system rotates at approximately 2,000 RPM and often allows for multiple cutting heads to be attached. Even dense corrosion and tough tree roots don’t stand a chance to this method of drain cleaning.
It is a great feeling for all of us at Drain Doctor to be able to provide top-notch technologies to accommodate any drain cleaning needs for residential and commercial customers. Don’t ignore the warning signs of the start of a drainage problem.
Call us today at (914) 290-6236 for drain cleaning in Scarsdale.